Wednesday 27 March 2013

Nails Inc Bloomsbury Way and Grosvenor Gardens

Well, yesterday I swatched the whole Nails Inc Garden Party Collection, and now I am wearing Bloomsbury Way with Grosvenor Gardens. The pink is probably my least favourite of the set, the other two I instantly loved but pale pink is a bit of a change for me.
However it painted on well and coverage was pretty good in two coats. I would probably have been tempted to do a 3rd coat if I was wearing this alone as you can see a visible nail line and this bothers me, particularly as my nail lengths are quite variable. It was very cold yesterday when I painted these so I don't think I got the very best finish, and I can see ridges in my nails that most shades disguise.
It is a very pretty soft pink and in warmer weather I think I would wear it again, although its likely to be used as base for a glitter, graffiti or some other special effect.
Nails Inc Bloomsbury Way
Nails Inc Bloomsbury Way
 Now for the fun bit. I decided to try a gradient : I do actually prefer a gradient from the bottom of the nail but since there was a VNL to be disguised I did a tip gradient instead. This is a densely packed glitter, a mix of pink, purple and silver large hexes, smaller pink and purple hexes, then smaller green & silver ones and and fine glitter and you get a lot of glitter on the brush, so I found this a bit tricky, but this is the end result.
Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
I'm afraid the ridges still bothered me, so in the end I went for a full nail of glitter and now I have super sparkly nails and the pink is a very pretty backdrop to this gorgeous glitter. I took quite a few shots to try and capture it - I hope you can begin to see how pretty it is
Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
 Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
 Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
 Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
 Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
 Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens
 Nails Inc Grosvenor Gardens


No comments:

Post a Comment