Thursday 14 March 2013

OPI When Monkeys Fly!

Well, lots of chatter about this one : OPI When Monkeys Fly!.
This is part of the new collection inspired by the new Wizard of Oz film, Oz the Great and Powerful, made up of 3 glitters, 3 pale shades and one liquid sand.
When Monkeys Fly! is made of up large gold hexes, smaller silver hexes and holographic glitter. The issue that has concerned many is that the gold hexes are curling, rather than laying flat on the nail. Certainly in the bottle they look very curly, but having read a number of reviews I took extra care to turn most of them over so that they curled downward, and then I added 2 coats of topcoat. On some nails I could still see and feel that the glitter was not flat so I added a couple of layers more of topcoat so now they all feel smooth.
This is a super sparkly combination which is truly beautiful. Having read the reviews I was quite nervous but I love it, despite the hard work to get it right.
It's shown here over A England Jane Eyre, a shimmering blackened red.
 
 
And a couple more pics - one in daylight...
and then in full sunshine.




No comments:

Post a Comment