Monday 29 April 2013

Invogue Parakeet

Feathers! whatever next! when I first heard about feather polish I thought, oh no, not for me. I think Nails Inc were probably the first to bring them out, the first ones I've seen anyway and I wasn't that fussed by the colours or the effect, but then I saw the metallic feathers and I loved them. I am now lucky enough to own 2 of them from Nails Inc.
Then I saw some other swatches and my interest grew but still not enough to spend £11 a bottle, on something I might well hate. Then through a post on one of the facebook groups, I heard about the Invogue feathers - they brought 4 out, all of them dupes for Nails Inc shades - and only £3.49 from Superdrug. Also available at ohbeauty, where 1st class postage is free.
This one is Parakeet, a dupe for Nails Inc Chester. It is a mix of teal blue, yellow and peach strands in a clear base. I don't have any of the Nails Inc coloured feathers so I can't compare but this was well packed, without being over packed with strands and application was quite easy. I didn't need to spend ages rearranging them to get an even distribution, but after a couple of hours I did add a second coat to get a fuller coverage. Both times they dried quickly.
I have applied this over OPI Green-Wich Village and the contrast for me with one coat was a bit too much, I am happier with 2 coats.
The first few pics are with 1 coat, then the rest with 2 coats. I am pleased with these, at the price I paid, still don't think I'd pay £11 but I hear Barry M are also bring some out. Their range is called Confetti, 3 are similar to the Invogues, but the other two Licorice and Marshmallow (Black and Pink) look lovely, I've already seen swatches and they are on my wishlist!!
Too many words? OK here are the pics...I coat first
Invogue Parakeet
Invogue Parakeet - 1 coat
Invogue Parakeet
Invogue Parakeet

and with 2 coats... 
Invogue Parakeet
Invogue Parakeet - 2 coats
 Invogue Parakeet
 Invogue Parakeet
 Invogue Parakeet


No comments:

Post a Comment