Thursday 10 October 2013

Leighton Denny On the Rocks

I've used my second oldest untried polish today, but unlike the one I used last week, this was not love at first sight. Leighton Denny On the Rocks is a mini varnish (4ml) that I got in a swap a long time back. I tucked it away thinking, oh that's a nude so when I try it, it will be fine.
It applied well enough but I think there are two issues that stop me from loving this as much as I should, it is just very slightly too yellow for me and it has a very subtle shimmer and I'm not keen on shimmer.
As the day wore on I did warm to it but it won't be up there on my favourites list.
On the Rocks is a medium taupe shade with a subtle shimmer which actually looks a bit reddish in the bottle. The actual base colour is slightly more yellow than for example Supermodel, and I think I may have been happier with it if I had a bit of a tan, my hands felt very pale wearing this although later in the day when it was a bit warmer, I liked it more.
Leighton Denny On the Rocks
Leighton Denny On the Rocks
 Leighton Denny On the Rocks
Leighton Denny On the Rocks
 Leighton Denny On the Rocks
 Leighton Denny On the Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment