Saturday 25 January 2014

Leighton Denny In The Navy

Today's polish is a beautiful blue by Leighton Denny. In The Navy is not really navy, as I think of it- it is more of a french navy or maybe airforce blue. It is a mid blue, and I'd say with a hint of greyness about it that stops its being too bright and puts it firmly in the "me polish" zone.
I couldn't find a single swatch of this online, and any links I did find took me to Leighton Denny Captivated which is bluer and a touch darker. Although I have had this polish for over 2 years, I still remember deciding to take a chance on it since I couldn't find any swatches and being a bit surprised that it isn't more navy. Nevertheless it's a great blue, and not like any other blue I have.
It is a blue creme, extremely good coverage with no streaks on the first coat, but I did two coats just to be safe.
This is one of those polishes that I feel completely comfortable in, and actually have very little to say about it except that I love it! It has a lovely glossy finish. It goes perfectly with jeans and just happens to be a fantastic match for one of my favourite aran cardigans and the blue gloves I made with the left over wool!
Leighton Denny In The Navy
Leighton Denny In The Navy
Leighton Denny In The Navy
 Leighton Denny In The Navy
 Leighton Denny In The Navy
 Leighton Denny In The Navy
 Leighton Denny In The Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment