Saturday 1 March 2014

Above The Curve Lemming Have It

Today's polish is the extremely beautiful Above The Curve Lemming Have It. This is a new brand to me, I bought three of their polishes from a friend last week, but as it was still BEAT eating disorder awareness week I went for the purple one first. The other two I bought are equally stunning but you'll have to wait to see those :)
Lemming Have It is a rich deep purple holographic polish. I fell in love the minute I painted it on. In some lights it seems more blue, in others a true purple and typically with these shades a bit of a nightmare to capture accurately on camera.
It painted on well in 2 coats. It did take a bit longer to dry but my hands were very cold and that isn't usually helpful to drying time! I took my pics with no top coat, but I did top coat it later and it didn't diminish the holo effect at all. The finish was glossier with the top coat.
The second shot is probably the best colour accurate picture but as I said, in some lights this is more of an indigo blue. The holo is apparent in most lights, obviously best in sunshine, or very bright light but even when the holo is not visible at all that subtle shimmer is still very pretty.
I found this to be  very wearable shade; the holo effect seems to soften bright colours, just a touch, and I love that. It also adds a depth to the colour that never fails to fascinate me.
Above The Curve Lemming Have It
Above The Curve Lemming Have It
Above The Curve Lemming Have It
 Above The Curve Lemming Have It
  Above The Curve Lemming Have It
Above The Curve Lemming Have It

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and goes so nicely with those gloves (you have gloves to go with most polishes!!) .... you've made me really want a dark blue/purple holo now! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's my mission to match my knitting and nails :) just got some lovely dark red holos so having to knit new gloves :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! And as always so beautifully paired with your knit-wear :D Looking forward to seeing your red holo's as its something I lack in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have picked many wonderful picks from us and others I absolutely love Pam of Girly Bits. again thanks for the post,looking great!❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and thank-you so much for taking the time to read my blog x

      Delete