Thursday 25 September 2014

Above The Curve The Midnight Blues

Today's mani is not quite as impactful as I'd intended. Having gone for something relatively subtle, it's actually too subtle really to see. It is pretty but not quite what I'd hoped.
Once upon a time, while trying to sort out a glitter gradient that went wrong, I repainted the base of my nail and rather liked the look. I later discovered that, done properly, this is a ruffian mani, and I've been meaning to try it again for ages.
I was still wearing Above The Curve Suspense and it struck me that today's polish might go rather well.
The Midnight Blues is a very dark blue black holo, and seemed to have definite hints of teal in it. It is beautiful, and holo is pretty strong, apparent in almost all levels of light. This painted on really nicely, and covered the base colour well with one coat, but I added a 2nd coat, to ensure a perfect finish and I was trying to get a neat line at the base. The Midnight Blues is a lovely polish, yet another I was able to pick up from one of the sales pages; my ATC collection is doing rather well from the sales pages at the moment.
I will certainly be leaving this one out to wear again soon, but I enjoyed wearing it with Suspense - it won't win any nail art awards but I am pleased with the finished look.
Above The Curve The Midnight Blues
Above The Curve The Midnight Blues
(with ATC Suspense)
  Above The Curve The Midnight Blues
Above The Curve The Midnight Blues
 Above The Curve The Midnight Blues


No comments:

Post a Comment