Friday 20 March 2015

Stamping! The Solar Eclipse - 20th March 2015

Well we don't get these very often so a few friends and I decided it would be nice to do a mani in honour of the Solar Eclipse.
The last one was August 1999 - I remember standing outside the bus station in Harrow trying to see it, it was only partial but it was still quite exciting!
I know there will be clever people who do fantastic manis for this but I decided to go for something quite simple.
I painted my nails black with China Glaze Liquid Leather, a lovely glossy black I have only just started using as my 2 go-to blacks have both run out!
Then I used one of the polishes I won in a Rainbow Connection give-away, SV by Sparkly Vernis - Gilded Lemon Drops. This is a very pretty lemony gold holo and I discovered whilst swatching it that it stamps really nicely over dark colours.
I used UberChic Beauty UC2-03 and stamped stars on all my nails except for the ring finger. I stamped a wonderful sun like image from the same plate on my ring finger. Then, I used a hole punch to make a hole in some paper, painted some black polish on to a stamping plate and used the punched paper as a mask to pick up the black circle which I carefully stamped over the sun.
I am quite pleased with these, I don't really do accent nail manis but this is a special occasion and I thought a sun on each finger might be a bit weird!
Solar Eclipse - March 2015
Solar Eclipse - March 2015
Solar Eclipse - March 2015
 Solar Eclipse - March 2015

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I had no idea what to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was quite a tricky one really wasn't it! I actually think Emma's one was the most accurate!!!

      Delete