Thursday 16 April 2015

A2Z Series - W is for Wild

This weeks letter is W for Wild, and I decided ages back what I wanted to do for this challenge. I am very relieved it turned out OK.
I started with a sunset gradient and then stamped a wild animal scene from the Apipila Super Placa A in black over the top. There are larger images on the plate but I think I'd have lost too much image in the dark bit at the top. I'll have to try those on a daylight scene.
Imagine my delight when I showed these to my husband and with no prompting at all he said "Serengeti"
The gradient was made up of Nails Inc Atomic, Fiesta and Princes Street, and I stamped with Essence Stampy 002.
I absolutely adored these although I was rather disappointed that I couldn't really capture their beauty despite taking loads of photos.


5 comments:

  1. Love the colours! It's such a different take but so gorgeous. Like the light is seconds away from going out. Beautiful mani x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of Serengeti mani is exactly what I was supposed to have on my nails right now. However, my bp plate with that scene just would not transfer! So I opted for a tribal print. I love yours though. One day I will do this mania, dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of those great wildlife programs on 1970's TV like Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the gradient colours you've used, it makes the scene in the manicure work incredibly well. You really are a natural at stamping.

    ReplyDelete