Wednesday 1 April 2015

April Challenges - Blue and Blue for Autism Awareness

I decided to try and do more challenges which might be a bit mad because it is now year end at work so I'll probably be really busy. The logic is that if I follow the challenges I won't spend ages trying to decide what to do on my nails. We'll see - I think the blog posts will get shorter (hurray! I hear you shout)
Anyway, the first challenge is #30daysofcolourchallenge hosted by @procrastinailart. This is a daily challenge and the first prompt is blue.
The other challenge I decided to try is #ukstampersapril and the prompt for 1st April is Autism Awareness, so the 2 challenges should be OK to combine since the main colour behind this campaign is blue.
I started with a base of Nails Inc Instyle Bluebell, and then I stamped a water marble design from Hehe 040 - a wonderful plate if your water marbelling skills are anything like mine!
I still wanted to stamp on top of that so I went for a subtle effect, stamping Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales. This is a very pretty blue tealy holo, not really opaque enough for bold stamping but perfect for what I wanted. I was really pleased with how that looked.
Finally, from Lealac LLC-A I have used the jigsaw image and Kleancolour Neon Sapphire.
Nails Inc Instyle Bluebell
Nails Inc Instyle Bluebell
#30daysofcolourchallenge
Hehe 040 and Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
Hehe 040 and Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
 Hehe 040 and Fancy Gloss Mermaid Tales
Lealac LLC-A and Kleancolor Neon Sapphire
Lealac LLC-A and Kleancolor Neon Sapphire
 #uknailstampersapril
 Lealac LLC-A and Kleancolor Neon Sapphire

Lealac LLC-A and Kleancolor Neon Sapphire
Lealac LLC-A and Kleancolor Neon Sapphire
matte



6 comments:

  1. Great post, I especially like stamped watermarble (just received these plates last week and really want to try them). Also I think it's great that you are combining, not only because I also combine two challenges, but mainly because it adds more fun. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! You are right, combining is fun and it gets my brain thinking!!

      Delete
    2. thinking brain, what could be better :)

      Delete
    3. thinking brain, what could be better :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the idea of a water marble design stamping image! Why did I not think of that, my water marble skills are horrible! I also think it was a great idea to combine challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamped watermarbling!! That's genius! Great doublestamping!

    ReplyDelete