Wednesday 15 April 2015

April Challenges - Glitter and some reverse stamping

Today I only had one challenge to do, which was to swatch a glitter for #30dayofcolourchallenge. I do have plenty of glitters sat waiting to be tried but the one I chose is the most recent addition and I chose to swatch this one as I was not really sure if I liked it once it arrived.
Girly Bits Serendipity is a Box Indied Exclusive and I picked it up of one of the sales pages. It is a mix of pink and lilac glitters in a pinky golden holo base. It is very pretty although I am still not 100% certain if I like it. I am very fussy about my pinks and not keen on gold, I hadn't realised how gold it was when I bought it - shame on me for pouncing on it instead of doing proper research! I don't hate it but just not sure.
Anyway, it applied nicely as Girly Bits always do. It looked quite sheer on the first coat but gave great coverage on the second. I am pretty tempted to try it as topper over another shade before I decide whether to keep it or re-home it.
The photos are good, pretty accurate reflection of how pretty it is, more golden in the sun and pinky nude in the shade.
I had set myself some time today to practice reverse stamping as that is coming up in a challenge next week, and I was going to do roses but my Messy Mansion order arrived so I had to try the paisley plate MM48. I stayed with my plan to test the China Glaze Electric Nights- I recently bought the set of six minis but today I have just used three, DJ Blue My Mind, Violet Vibes and Treble Maker.
The reverse stamping worked so much better than last time, I didn't have to redo any so I am feeling more positive about next week's challenge. My colouring is not perfect, but the transfer to the nail went well, so I am happy!
I love this plate, I am so glad I bought it, can't wait to use it again!!
Girly Bits Serendipity
Girly Bits Serendipity
#30daysofcolourchallenge
Girly Bits Serendipity
 Girly Bits Serendipity
 Girly Bits Serendipity

reverse stamping with Messy Mansion MM48
reverse stamping with Messy Mansion MM48
and CG Electric Nights
 reverse stamping with Messy Mansion MM48
 reverse stamping with Messy Mansion MM48





No comments:

Post a Comment