Friday 10 April 2015

April Challenges - Grey and Spring

Grey and Spring - do they go together? Well, I think they do, I think I may have got away with combining these challenges, and anyway, there is usually plenty of grey in a British Spring!
So, the #30daysofcolourchallnge was grey, and I have chosen my newest grey, the beautiful A England Fated Prince.
This is a warm darkish grey holo that seems almost to have a hint of olivey green in it. As usual application was perfect and it dried nicely. Pictures are taken with top coat, but sadly due to it taking me a stupid length of time to do a stock rec for work, I missed the best part of the day so no really pretty sunshine pics, although I have to say it looked stunning in the sun!

The 2nd challenge is #ukstampersapril, and the prompt - Spring. My very clever son suggested that springs are grey, and if I had helical type stamp I might have been tempted but really I think flowers or lambs were called for!
I have gone for blossom. I just had to use my newest plate, the Apipila Super Placa A, and although it is packed with stunning images, there was only one that really said spring to me, so I stamped it once with Virtuous Polish Rahab for some green background. This matte green looked great against Fated Prince.
Then I dobbed Virtuous Polish Miriam and Essence Stampy 001 onto the same image and stamped that for the second layer. I am so pleased with how this turned out! I need to get the hang of the new plate, it is etched a bit deeper than I am used to but I love it!
I really like the pink, white and green against the darker grey/green - I think I was right - I can do Spring and grey :)
A England Fated Prince
A England Fated Prince
#30daysofcolourchallenge
 A England Fated Prince

Apipila Super Placa A
Spring - Apipila Super Placa A
#ukstampersapril
 Apipila Super Placa A
 Apipila Super Placa A
Apipila Super Placa A
 Apipila Super Placa A


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The neons really pop over Fated Prince!

    ReplyDelete