Monday 20 April 2015

April Challenges - Matte - Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r

I do love flakies, the new ones that have come out in the last 12 months are beautiful but one day I came across swatches of Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r. To my delight it was in stock on Rainbow Connection so I had to have it. Lacquer Lust describes this as a "matte top coat with ultra chrome flakes" and it is nothing like any other flakie I have ever seen! The flakes are tiny and every colour imaginable, in fact they bring to mind Chemistry at school and my fascination with the concept of the 7 oxidation states of titanium- each one a different colour! 
What better polish to swatch for #30daysofcolourchallenge when the prompt was matte!
I've seen swatches over different bases but I do think this is probably prettiest over a dark base so I have applied a single coat over A England The Blessed Damozel. The finish is so smooth and has that velvety feel that you get when you apply a matte top coat! Unlike other flakies where the flakes are translucent, these look like little slivers of metal. This is certainly one of those polishes that you just have to keep staring at.
This photographed really well too and I am afraid I couldn't resist blowing an image up so you can really see the flakes.
Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r
Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r
#30daysofcolourchallenge
Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r
 Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r
 Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r
 Lacquer Lust Mind Over Matte'r











No comments:

Post a Comment