Tuesday 21 April 2015

April Challenges - Negative Space

Today I have skipped the #30daysofcolourchallenge today and done negative spaces for #clairestelle8april. I couldn't think of a way to combine them so I am doing two #30days tomorrow instead.
Claire's challenge - the negative space - eek I thought - maybe I should skip this too but I decided I'd just use a neutral base, and it would be a nice opportunity to try the nude polish in the Vintage Trio I got from Danglefoot Nail Polish.
Golden Oldie is a lovely warm nude with a subtle shimmer. It applied nicely and gave good coverage with 2 coats. Possibly a touch warmer tone than I would personally choose for nude nails, but very wearable and the perfect base for the negative space mani.
I used Apipila Super Plate A and A England Camelot to stamp this pretty swirly pattern. I was quite pleased with the finished look but I felt it needed something extra.
So, I used Leighton Denny Tiffany's to add a subtle touch of pink shimmer, just to tone it down a bit. I think for my skin tone the slightly pinker finish looked better and it softened the stamping a little, although I liked both.
Danglefoot Nail Polish Golden Oldie
Apipila Super Plate A
negative space mani with Apipila Super Plate A
Apipila Super Plate A

Apipila Super Plate A
negative space mani with Apipila Super Plate A
with Leighton Denny Tiffany's
Apipila Super Plate A

No comments:

Post a Comment