Saturday 4 April 2015

April Challenges - Pink and Easter

Today I am have done the #30daysofcolourchallenge which was pink and then the Easter prompt for #ukstampersapril.
The pink I chose was A England Iseult. I don't have a huge amount of pinks, but I bought this one recently, it was still untried and I thought it would also be a good base for the Easter mani.
Iseult is a beautiful shimmery pale pink. As always with A England polishes, superb quality but I did need three coats to get full coverage, my nail line was still visible after two. Although extremely pretty, this is not really a shade I would wear on its own - I have a preference for the more gothic look but for combining with stamping I think it is a lovely addition to my collection. I can see this making a loving base for a negative space mani sometime in the future!
I am afraid the photos aren't great, it is so grim outside, really dark for mid-morning.

For the Easter mani I added a gradient using Nails Inc Instyle Power Pink. Then I used Emily de Molly plate EDM 02 to stamp a pattern that I thought was quite Eastery using my Virtuous Polishes.
I used VP Naomi (teal), Queen Ester (purple), and Miriam (pink).
I chose an image which is supposed to be stamped in the opposite direction but I wanted it going across the nail, in 3 bands of colour, allowing the darker end of the gradient to show at the tips.
Although colourful manis are a bit outside my comfort zone I am quite pleased with how these turned out. Again, the light is still bad so the pictures are not as clear as I'd like.
A England Iseult
A England Iseult
#30daysofcolourchallenge
 A England Iseult
 A England Iseult

EDM 02 and Virtuous Polishes
Easter mani - EDM 02 and Virtuous Polishes
#ukstampersapril
EDM 02 and Virtuous Polishes
 EDM 02 and Virtuous Polishes
 EDM 02 and Virtuous Polishes



No comments:

Post a Comment