Saturday 23 May 2015

May Challenges - Gradient

The challenge for 23rd May for #clairestelle8may was Gradient. Somewhat foolishly maybe I decided to ask my IG followers what colors I should do, otherwise I'd have gone green / purple :)
Anyway, the first two to comment said red, orange, yellow - oh great - my three least favourite colours, but that's what they said so that's what I did.
I went for China Glaze Red-y to Rave, China Glaze Daisy Know my Name, and Lady Manhattan Red.
I started with a white base, and then I did do a little cheat and painted roughly 1/3 of each nail with each of the colours, just to save a bit of time and mess! Then I did it properly with a sponge until it looked reasonable, banking on the fact that it always looks better after a top coat.
Not a fantastic effort (that in no way resembles a Rocket lolly) I know, but good enough to stamp over.
I stamped with Hit the Bottle Absinthe Minded and UberChic Beauty UC 3-02. The image I chose is a fantastically detailed mix of flowers, leaves, swirls and I think the green stamped really nicely over the three colours. I like the contrast and the way the green looks different against each shade, looking almost chinese I think.
Then later I added the final layer, and for me this is my clear favourite. I stamped with Avon Classic Fit and UberChic Beauty UC 3-01using one of those images which stamps a background, allowing the base colour to show through and I think the effect is pretty awesome! Classic Fit is just a regular polish, not fully opaque but I love the effect I get when I stamp with it. It is dark enough for a contrast against all shades of the gradient base but the yellow and green still show through so that it actually looks like dark green rather than blue adding to the gradient effect, and if you look closely you can still see the bright green stamping under the blue, particularly over the red at the tips.
Ok, so I've waffled for too long because I love it!!! I hope you like it too :)
China Glaze Red-y to Rave,
China Glaze Daisy Know my Name,
and Lady Manhattan Red
Hit the Bottle Absinthe Minded and UberChic Beauty UC 3-02
Hit the Bottle Absinthe Minded
 and UberChic Beauty UC 3-02
 
Hit the Bottle Absinthe Minded and UberChic Beauty UC 3-02

Avon Classic Fit and UberChic Beauty UC 3-01
Avon Classic Fit and UberChic Beauty UC 3-01

Avon Classic Fit and UberChic Beauty UC 3-01
 Avon Classic Fit and UberChic Beauty UC 3-01
Avon Classic Fit and UberChic Beauty UC 3-01



No comments:

Post a Comment