Friday 16 October 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Geeks

Today's prompt for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas was Geeks. There was some discussion as to what type of geek - computer geek, general book worm type geek, mathsy sciencey type geek and others - the postings I have seen so far are varied and wonderful.
I have gone for the science route, not least because I have this really great science plate, VL 017, from Vivid Lacquer, it has the whole periodic table on it - how cool is that!!
I thought some of the images from this plate would work quite well over my Galaxy mani and I stamped using Virtuous Polish Rahab.
In order to get better photos I did add matte top coat and this really has given this the look of chalk on a black board which I am quite pleased about but the galaxy mani is now virtually invisible!
Vivid Lacquer VL017
Vivid Lacquer VL 017 and Virtuous Polish Rahab
Vivid Lacquer VL017
 Vivid Lacquer VL017

Vivid Lacquer VL017
Vivid Lacquer VL017
the glossy version



3 comments:

  1. These turned out beautifully! Its so fun to see how different everyone's idea of the word 'geeks' has turned out. I personally love both versions of your manicure, I can't decide if like the matte or shiny more! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - these are really fun challenges!!!

      Delete
  2. I really like the effect of the neon-ish green on the background! It makes the formulas and so on really stand out, and I think it is brilliant for us school nerds :3

    ReplyDelete