Friday 9 October 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Teal and Patchwork

Today's prompt for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas was Teal & Patchwork - we all have the same colour but a different pattern - I got patchwork!
Well, this was a challenge and a half! Having established I had no suitable stamping plates, I decided to make decals on the Uber mat, cut them up and use them over the damask mani that I had done earlier using Nails Inc Gosfield Street and Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 & Thing 2.
To make the patchwork pieces, I started with bases of Barry M Coconut and Nails Inc Royal Botanical Gardens on the Uber mat and then I stamped stripes and spots using Nails Inc Gosfield Street and Apipila Super Plate A. I added the stitching with a Sharpie once I had applied the decals to my nails.
On my right hand I rather ran out of time so I painted directly over the damask, used a dotting tool for the spots and a blue Sharpie for the rather wobbly stripes!
Finally I added a coat of Barry M Matte top coat.
On reflection, I think the right hand probably looks better but I thought I'd show them both. This was certainly one of those manis that looked perfect in my mind and didn't quite come off like that. all good practice though!
Teal and Patchwork
Teal and Patchwork
Teal and Patchwork
Teal and Patchwork

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but your nail art reminds me Sally, the female character of Nightmare before Christmas.
    Lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I thought of Emily, the Corpse Bride :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing job ! I love both hands ! This is a fabulous mani !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super - i like this mani of yours - well done!

    ReplyDelete