Wednesday 28 October 2015

October Challenges - HJ Manicure Coco and Acorns

The prompt for #30daysofcolourchallenge was Acorns. A very thorough search of my stamping plates resulted in one plate - Moyou London Mother Nature 03.
I had a lovely new brown polish I wanted to try which I thought would make a great base for the acorns.
HJ Manicure Coco is a gorgeous pinky brown creme. I have had pinky browns before and found them a bit too warm but this one is perfect for my skin tone. I really like it. I have lots of nude / neutral polishes but nothing like this one. As with Blue Lagoon, it was a colour I saw on the website and was not 100% certain but I am glad I bought it. It fills a gap in my range of colours, and as the other 3 I have tried, it is lovely quality.
Coverage was great, which is good news as Blue Lagoon might be gorgeous but it is a bit of a stainer! I do have a hint of blue hiding under my lovely Coco!
The Moyou plate had oak leaves and acorns so I stamped two sets of leaves first, with OPI Skyfall and SV by Sparkly Vernis Gilded Lemon Drops, then I used Barry M Black Pistachio for the acorns.
I took pictures with glossy and matte finish but couldn't help thinking they looked a bit Christmassy.
Then I added a quick coat of Kandy Colors Hivis Wat? which I think brought them back to Autumn. I did not re top coat them so they now have quite a satin finish.
This was not a huge success s the acorn pattern is quite abstract and probably doesn't work so well for triple stamping, particularly with the polish I used. The new Barry M Blacks all stamp well but are not 100% opaque so what ever is beneath will still show through. That said, I like the combination of colours, before and after the yellow jelly so overall I am quite happy with the mani, even if it doesn't shout Acorns.
HJ Manicure Coco
HJ Manicure Coco
 HJ Manicure Coco
 HJ Manicure Coco
 HJ Manicure Coco
Moyou London Mother Nature 03
Moyou London Mother Nature 03
 Moyou London Mother Nature 03
 Moyou London Mother Nature 03

Moyou London Mother Nature 03
Final version of Acorns
 Moyou London Mother Nature 03

No comments:

Post a Comment