Tuesday 27 October 2015

October Challenges - HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon and Favourite Sweater

Sunday's prompt for #30daysofcolourchallenge was Favourite Sweater - obviously I have too many sweaters to chose a favourite but this mani is based on the blue aran I wore that day and sort of chosen because I had a new blue polish I wanted to try.
I bought HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon last week -  I wasn't too sure when I ordered it if it would be right for me but I am so glad I did. It is a lovely blue creme, very slightly leaning towards teal and I love it! I was a bit concerned it would be too bright for me, some brighter blues just don't suit my skin tone no matter how much I love them but I think this one is fine.
It applied beautifully with two coats giving great coverage. Pictures are taken with top coat.
So, from my vast selection of woollies I chose a blue aran that I made a couple of years ago and of course I used my Messy Mansion MM 40 plate to stamp.
I have recently seen swatches of the 4 new Barry M Gellies, and since I love dark colours so much I had to get them. I have stamped with other Barry M Gellies so of course I was going to try these for stamping! I chose Black Grape, the blue black, and I think it stamped well. It is quite subtle over Blue Lagoon but I was happy with that look.
HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon
HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon
 HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon
HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon
 HJ Manicure Blue Lagoon

Messy Mansion MM40 and Barry M Black Grape
Messy Mansion MM40 and Barry M Black Grape
 Messy Mansion MM40 and Barry M Black Grape
 Messy Mansion MM40 and Barry M Black Grape

2 comments: