Monday 5 October 2015

October Challenges - Floral with Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man

The Challenge was Floral for #30daysofcolourchallenge.
I decided to be a bit bold but Autumnal and used Esmaltes da Kelly Bee and Pet'la Plate Golden Russian over Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man.
Iron Man is an amazing, stunning mix of autumnal glitters packed in a dark green/brown base. You get full coverage with two coats, but it is worth waiting a while between coats for it to dry and it is very top coat hungry. I used 2 coats but for a really smooth finish I could have done with adding a third.
The colours are just amazing and it is so sparkly!
I did think it looked similar to Esmaltes da Kelly Thor, but it is little darker, more brown rather than gold, and a dark base rather than clear. When I used Thor I used it as a topper but I don't think you'd use this as a topper except over a dark colour. They do both have the look of Autumn about them, the glitters glinting red, green  and gold.
I wanted to stay with Autumnal colours for the next few layers of stamping (3 more in the next post) so I started with yellow. Not my favourite colour as you know but I thought it would look good against the dark green/brown background. I used one of the floral images on Pet'la Plate Golden Russian - I really like the images on this plate and they all work so well together which is great for multiple stamping!
I hope these pictures look OK, they look a bit washed out to me but they look OK on my phone - laptop screen is rubbish :(
Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man
Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man
 Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man
 Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man
 Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man
 Esmaltes da Kelly Iron Man
Esmaltes da Kelly Bee and Pet'la Plate Golden Russian
Esmaltes da Kelly Bee and Pet'la Plate Golden Russian
 Esmaltes da Kelly Bee and Pet'la Plate Golden Russian


1 comment:

  1. Loved the stamping and oh my you sure have lovely long nails!

    ReplyDelete