Friday 16 October 2015

October Challenges - Galaxy nails

Today's prompt was Galaxy for #wnac2015
Last week my lovely friend Anna posted up the most fantastic mani where she sponged a selection of magnetic polishes, top coated them all and used a magnet with a stunning result, My first thoughts were, what a great idea as a base for Galaxy nails so that's what I tried.
I think maybe I didn't add enough polish, or maybe my magnets were too precise, either way it didn't turn out quite the way I planned but pretty enough I think.
I started with a base of a blue/black holo Desk Clear polish from Above the Curve and sponged Avon Blue Attraction, Avon Spellbound Green, and Avon Fuchsia Force onto my nails. The red is particularly lovely as it has holo glitter in it. I top coated and tried with the magnet - some worked, a bit too well so the pattern was too defined and some not all, so some practice needed here I think.
Then I stamped with Hit the Bottle Snowed Under and Uber Chic UC 2-03.
Despite my limited success in copying Anna, I am still really pleased with these.
Galaxy nails
Galaxy nails
 Galaxy nails
 Galaxy nails
 Galaxy nails

1 comment:

  1. It didn't turn out the way you planned? Well, then it still looks pretty epic to me. I think a galaxy kind of patterning is a hard one to get just right but you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete