Thursday 29 October 2015

October Challenges - Pink Pastels

Today's prompt was Pink Pastels for #30daysofcolourchallenge. This was a bit of a challenge for me since I own so few pinks especially pastel ones!!!
I decided that Violet Rose Aldeburgh Pink would make a great base for this as it is a lovely soft pale pink, perhaps not quite pastel but very pretty.
I recently bought all 5 Aldeburgh polishes from Violet Rose Polish as Emma was having a clearance sale and they have square glitter in them - I love square glitter!!!
The polish was quite sheer and as my nails are still stained a bit blue I did start with a coat of Leighton Denny Whatever which is the closet match I could find and I did  swatch that on the Uber Mat to check I wasn't distorting the colour.
Aldeburgh Pink is a soft dusky pink with a subtle blue shimmer, black hexes and white square glitter. It applied nicely, I used 2 coats over Whatever, mainly to get the glitter distribution I wanted, one coat was almost enough. If you weren't wearing a base colour you may need 3 coats if you want to hide the nail line. I am so pleased I got this polish - I really love it and now really looking forward to trying the others in the range.
I had no suitable pink to stamp over that colour so I used Uber Chic Beauty UC 4-01 with Hit the Bottle Snowed Under to start with and then stamped Virtuous Polish Miriam. I think Miriam would have looked awful straight over Aldeburgh Pink.
I took pics with matte and glossy top coat, I think in this case I prefer the glossy- the matte just looks a bit flat but I did find it hard to warm to this stamped mani - wrong time of year I think :)
Violet Rose Aldeburgh Pink
Violet Rose Aldeburgh Pink
 Violet Rose Aldeburgh Pink
 Violet Rose Aldeburgh Pink
 Violet Rose Aldeburgh Pink

Uber Chic UC 4-01
Uber Chic UC 4-01 with Hit the Bottle Snowed Under
 and Virtuous Polish Miriam
 Uber Chic UC 4-01
Uber Chic UC 4-01
 Uber Chic UC 4-01

No comments:

Post a Comment