Wednesday 14 October 2015

October Challenges - Quilted

The prompt for #30daysofcolourchallenge was Quilted. I was wondering what to do for this whilst making the bed one day last week and realised that I have a stamping plate with same image as the stitching on my pretty floral throwover, so that's how this design came about.
I had to try out my lovely new Sascha Gossen plates from Nail Artisan so I started with a leafy base using Esmaltes da Kelly Frogger and Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS06 over Jacava Kings Road.
Then, on a whim really, I decided to try stamping with OPI Skyfall as I had dug it out to use later. I was pleasantly surprised how well it stamped and I used it with YS06 to add flowers over the leafy base.
Then I added the quilty bit with Barry M Cotton and Born Pretty BP-L 003.
Finally I added a coat of OPI Matte top coat.
Esmaltes da Kelly Frogger and YS06
Esmaltes da Kelly Frogger and YS06
OPI Skyfall and YS06
OPI Skyfall and YS06
Barry M Cotton and Born Pretty BP-L 003
Barry M Cotton and Born Pretty BP-L 003
Barry M Cotton and Born Pretty BP-L 003
Barry M Cotton and Born Pretty BP-L 003 - matte
 Barry M Cotton and Born Pretty BP-L 003




No comments:

Post a Comment