Friday 4 December 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Glitter Topper with Saran Wrap

This weeks prompt for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas was Glitter Topper or Flakie. Normally I'd have been delighted with that but my pattern prompt for the week was Saran Wrap, which I also love doing but I really struggled to find a way to make these two work together. I love the way you get that marble effect with saran wrap but on practice runs it kept being hidden by the topper. In the end I had to go for quite a sparse topper, so I could still see the lovely marbling.
I have found I get the most impact with saran wrap manis when using creme polishes so I started with HJ Manicure Purple Paradise which is a delicious deep purple creme. This is a gorgeous polish, excellent coverage and a really nice rich luxurious shade!
Then I added HJ Manicure Turquoise Sea. I was pleased with the way this turned out - I love green and purple together.
The Glitter Topper I went for was a UK Indie, Magic Goose Dreaming of Snow. Sadly Emma doesn't make polish any more but I did get some lovely glitters from her a couple of Christmas's ago so it's an appropriate one to wear now. I did have to be careful not to add too much glitter and avoid hiding the saran wrap effect.
It's too late now but just wondering if I should have tried the glitter topper first, and then done the saran wrap layer - oh well, the end result is quite pretty and I did a matte version too.
HJ Manicure Purple Paradise
HJ Manicure Purple Paradise
HJ Manicure Purple Paradise
HJ Manicure Purple Paradise
HJ Manicure Purple Paradise

Saran Wrap with HJ Manicure Purple Paradise
and Turquoise Sea
Glitter Topper with Saran Wrap


No comments:

Post a Comment