Monday 1 February 2016

When Colours Collide - Purple and Green

The prompt this time was Purple and Green - the perfect combo! Although the biggest challenge when 25% of your huge nail collection is purple or green is - which purple and which green!
Well, green was easy - if at all possible I must use an untried and there was 'Ard As Nails Meadow sat on my desk waiting to be used. As I wanted to do a gradient that narrowed the choice down as I felt I needed a purple of a similar tone and the larger part of my collection are dark, so looking for a mid purple was not so hard. I chose HJ Manicure Lavender.
 'Ard As Nails Meadow is a gorgeous mid green- it's quite a difficult colour to describe - my mind says old-fashioned but I think a more eloquent word would be vintage. I love it! Perfect coverage with 2 coats. I did use top coat but the finish was glossy without!
I think the gradient worked well - I did quite a quick one as I was going to stamp over it anyway. I have this idea that stamping with the opposite colours will look really cool but actually I am not so sure - unless you do it perfectly you do end up with a bit of green on green and purple on purple and that results in loss of clarity - must remember this!
Anyway, I used Hit the Bottle Purple Reign and Hit the Bottle Absinthe Minded with Pet'la Plate Ceres. Apart from the colour on colour thing I think it worked OK. Impossible to get a really good picture though. I did glossy, matte, inside with flash, outside with flash.
I submitted glossy for the collage as the colours were most true, I think.
This has been out most popular challenge to date with 80 entries - 4 collages of 20 or one BIG ONE!!
Ard As Nails Meadow
'Ard As Nails Meadow
 Ard As Nails Meadow

'Ard As Nails Meadow and HJ Manicure Lavender
'Ard As Nails Meadow and HJ Manicure Lavender
Pet'la Plate Ceres
Pet'la Plate Ceres
 Pet'la Plate Ceres
 Pet'la Plate Ceres
Purple and Green collage

No comments:

Post a Comment