Monday 28 March 2016

When Colours Collide - Teal and Gold

As soon as the cover photo was posted for this challenge there was a flurry of water marbly posts in gorgeous teal and gold. Well, I don't do water marble  - it is so messy and for me the end result is so dreadful, it is one of those things I just accept as not being for me. Anyway, I love stamping too much.
I did want to do something quite organic, along the lines of our cover post, and on this occasion was not sure I wanted to use my water marble plate, so I went for the rather lovely water spotting image on Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS12.
I started with a base of OPI Ski Teal We Drop, one of those polishes I just love love love!!
Then I added a coat of a very special glitter topper I bought from Quirk a couple of years ago. An Ocean Potion is a stunning mix of teal and gold and was perfect for this mani.
Next I stamped the bubbles image from Yours Cosmetics Sascha Gossen YS12 with Colors by Llarowe Thing 1 & Thing 2.
Finally I used Avon Gold Leaf and stamped the water spotting image.
Then I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get a decent photo that i) was in focus, and ii) actually looked teal. I tried blue, green, white, brown, pink woollies and even no woolies at all, nothing worked, it all looks blue :(
Well, anyway, I loved the finished mani, I know it is teal! I love the mix of holo, sparkle, gold stamping and teal even if no-one else can see it!
OPI Ski Teal We Drop
OPI Ski Teal We Drop
 OPI Ski Teal We Drop

Quirk An Ocean Potion
Quirk An Ocean Potion
Sascha Gossen YS12 and CBL Thing 1 & Thing 2
Sascha Gossen YS12 and CBL Thing 1 & Thing 2
Sascha Gossen YS12 and Avon Gold Leaf
Sascha Gossen YS12 and Avon Gold Leaf
 Sascha Gossen YS12 and Avon Gold Leaf
 Sascha Gossen YS12 and Avon Gold Leaf



No comments:

Post a Comment